Drug addiction continues to tear families apart throughout our Hudson Valley. It is an indiscriminate killer ruining the lives of good people, and it must be fought at every angle.
As an EMT, I know how to administer naloxone (Narcan) in an overdose, and I’ve seen first-hand the devastation of addiction.
As your Assemblyman, I’ve worked tirelessly to prevent and treat addiction, but more is still needed, starting with:
- Additional education to remove the stigma and the fear of seeking help
- Support law enforcement and first responders with life-saving training and Narcan for overdoses
- Supporting local drug treatment courts, providing positive pathways to recovery
- Prosecuting drug traffickers aggressively and relentlessly
- Passing “Laree’s Law” that would allow heroin dealers to be charged with homicide if a buyer dies of an overdose
The federal government has designated Westchester and Putnam Counties a High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area. I’ll continue to do all I can to fight this scourge.